THANK YOU FOR ENTERING!
MORE THAN 300,000 SHOTS WERE TAKEN IN 2019!
(Entries closed. The entry period was February 11 – April 8)
FINALISTS ANNOUNCED MID-MAY
Winners Announced @ THE BTC SHOW in Washington D.C. on August 25
Here’s How to Enter:
1. Post a photo or video on Instagram with the appropriate hashtags in the CAPTION between February 11 and April 8, 2019.
2. Use only the hashtags that are appropriate for your image. Click here for HOT SHOT hashtags. And Click here for BIG SHOT hashtags. Do not use all hashtags on all photos—be sure to appropriately submit your work.
3. For your photos to be eligible, the appropriate hashtags MUST be placed in your CAPTION, not the comments section.
4. Even if you previously posted your work on Instagram, your shots must be completely reposted between February 11 and April 8. Images with dates outside of this range will not be considered.
More Details On Categories And Eligibility:
- Slideshow/carousel posts are only accepted when submitting to BIG SHOT categories, as well Emerging Artist, Extensions, and Transformations. See each category for specific details.
- All images/videos must have been created on or after April 9, 2018.
- You can submit as many entries into a category (or multiple categories) as you would like! The limit does not exsist!
- Transformation and Extensions categories REQUIRE before and after pictures to be shown. Face must be visible in all photos.
- BIG SHOT collections must be three images in a carousel. The face MUST be visible in all three photos. You can use the same model in all three photos, but the hair must be different styles entirely.
- Images will only be eligible for the categories in which they are entered. If a photo is nominated as a finalist, it will only be attributed to that category. For example, if you do the color and another stylist does the cut, but the photo is a finalist in a color category, the stylist who did the cut will not be attributed.
- Submission period closes at 11:59 pm April 8, 2019. After the contest closes, BTC looks at every single entry and selects 25 finalists in each category.
Terms And Conditions: Releases And Representations
By submitting images in connection with the #Oneshot Contest you are agreeing to the terms and conditions described below and that you agree to be bound by those terms as if you entered into a written agreement with BTC as provided in the terms and conditions.
By submitting pictures to us in connection with the #ONESHOT Contest you “Stylist” represent and warrant to BEHINDTHECHAIR.COM, INC. “BTC” that all photographic images submitted in connection with the Contest (the “Entry”) constitute original copyrighted works of the Stylist and that the Stylist is free to grant, and does hereby grant BTC a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, right and license to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the Entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. If the photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the stylist and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the stylist is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without any compensation. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. Stylist shall indemnify and hold BTC (and its officers, directors, shareholders and affiliates, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from any losses incurred by the Indemnified Parties as a result of a breach by Stylist of the representations and warranties made in this agreement.
Upon BTC’s request, each stylist must be prepared to provide (within five (5) calendar days of receipt of BTC’s request) a signed release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, and/or from the owner of any material that appears in the photograph entry, authorizing BTC to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification at any time during the Contest and selection of an alternate winner.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the entrant will be deemed to be in receipt of BTC’s request or notification, (a) in the event that BTC sends the request by postal mail, five business days after the request was sent by BTC, or (b) in the event that BTC sends the request by email or other electronic means including a message on Instagram, on the day that the email or electronic transmission or posting was sent or posted by BTC.