You’re a #ONESHOT finalist…now what?! Keep reading for our FAQ below!
You'll learn about:
Click on these links to quick jump to the corresponding section
- How to get your tickets for THE BTC SHOW and #ONESHOT Hair Awards
- The BTC host hotel + how to book a room (or find a roommate!)
- For international hairdressers, how to get an invitation letter for a visa (if needed)
- Official hashtags and the “I’m a #ONESHOT Finalist” photo overlay
- A personalized press release to share with brands, sponsors, local news, etc.
- How to pick up your physical wristbands and lanyards to get into the show
- A day-by-day outline of THE BTC SHOW and what to expect
- How your friends, family and clients can vote for YOUR SHOT + other voting details
- Contact info and who to talk to for any questions or concerns
WAIT! BEFORE YOU READ!
If you haven’t already, PLEASE fill out our 2022 #ONESHOT Finalist survey. Every finalist MUST fill this out in order to remain eligible. Thank you and good luck to all!
THIS IS A WHIRLWILD! Let's start with the basics.
With more than 300,000 entries from 80 countries in our 2022 #ONESHOT Hair Awards competition, you are a finalist in the LARGEST hairdressing awards in the world—I know, right?! Pretty amazing. Here are the dates and deets you need:
- The 7th annual #ONESHOT Hair Awards show will take place on August 14 in Orlando, Florida at the Orlando World Center Marriott during the 4-day BTC SHOW on August 13-16, 2022.
- For everything you ever wanted to know about the show, visit www.behindthechair.com/theshow.
- MacKenzie will be your main point of contact going forward for any questions you have about the finalist process, the competition or the show itself! If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
It’s been said that THE BTC SHOW is a show you can’t explain. A few people have been able to put into words what it’s like to experience the show. Those who have described it said something like this: “I came home feeling like a brand new stylist—ready to conquer the world.”…“I fell in love with my job again.”…“I cried a few times, I was on an emotional high the entire weekend.”
THE BTC SHOW is an annual, multi-day educational and inspirational event offering four days of color, cut and style education, parties and events, chances to meet, bond and laugh—and so much more! You’ll get to experience our Connection Center—a beautiful lounge area where sponsor brands offer one-on-one networking, demonstrations, new product information and special product collections. You’ll also be able to find the #ONESHOT Nominee Gallery (!!!) nearby. Basically all of your hard work on display for legit everybody to see. During THE BTC SHOW, you make new friends, you feel inspired and rejuvenated, you party—hard—and celebrate the best industry in the world. Get a taste of what’s to come at @thebtcshow.
I'm planning on coming to The BTC Show and #ONESHOT Hair Awards. How do I get my tickets?
Here’s what you need to know.
As a finalist, you receive:
- 1 FREE GENERAL BTC SHOW TICKET. To redeem, fill out this survey: LINK HERE
- 1 FREE TICKET to the #ONESHOT Hair Awards for seating in the special “Nominee” section.
In addition, you can choose to do the following:
- Every nominee is allowed ONE guest to sit with them in the special “Nominee” section at the #ONESHOT Hair Awards with the purchase of a VIP #ONESHOT ticket. Please have your guest purchase a VIP ticket here and forward the confirmation to [email protected] with their full name.
- If you would like additional tickets to the #ONESHOT HAIR AWARDS, purchase those here.
Where should I book a room? Are there preferred hotels?
The official BTC Show host hotel is the Orlando World Center Marriott at 8701 World Center Drive, Orlando FL, 32821.Click here for hotel info, including rates, amenities and how to book.
If you’d rather find a roommate that already has a room, or you WANT a roommate to share your room, click here to join THE BTC SHOW Facebook Group and match up with other attendees!
I'm traveling internationally to attend the #ONESHOT Hair Awards. How do I get an invitation letter to help with the visa process?
We cannot WAIT to meet so many international friends! BTC can provide you with an invitation letter outlining your incredible achievement as a #ONESHOT finalist. Just send an email to [email protected]
I AM SO EXCITED!!! How do I share on social media?
Make sure to tag your pics and Insta stories so we can see them and repost! The official hashtags are:
We also created some fun overlays to put over your pics for your Insta, including a “Vote For Me” overlay that you can use to encourage people to vote for your entry! Click here to download them.
I also want to share this good news with my local newspaper/manufacturer/etc. How do I do that?
We love that you want to spread the good news! We have a press release template ready for you to use. Just personalize and send to your sponsors, PR teams, salons, manufacturers, local news, etc. Click here for the template
WOW this is all so exciting! OK, I can't wait to go to the BTC Show! What should I expect each day?
Glad you asked! Here we go:
THE BTC SHOW takes place from Aug. 13-16 at the Orlando World Center Marriott at 8701 World Center Drive, Orlando FL, 32821. For everything you ever wanted to know about the show, visit www.behindthechair.com/theshow.
What do I do when I arrive in Orlando at The BTC Show venue?
Visit the #ONESHOT REGISTRATION BOOTH in Cypress 1 Ballroom at the Orlando World Center Marriott starting Saturday, August 13th from 2:00-8:00pm to pick up your tickets. Your #ONESHOT tickets, BTC Show tickets, wristbands, lanyards and more will be available there, so snag it all right when you arrive to avoid any long waits later on.
What's the schedule?
Visit the #ONESHOT REGISTRATION BOOTH in Cypress 1 Ballroom starting Saturday, Aug 13 from 2pm-8pm to pick up your tickets. Your #ONESHOT tickets, BTC SHOW tickets, wristbands, lanyards and more will be available there, so snag it all right when you arrive to avoid any long waits later on.
August 13 (Saturday):
Welcome Party @ The Pool: 2:30-6:30pm // LOCATION: Falls Pool @ Orlando World Center Marriott.
You’ve seen it on Insta, you’ve heard about it from your friends—it’s our LEGENDARY pool party. Bring a swimsuit and your finest poolside attire and get ready! Important: To gain access to the pool party, you must be staying at the Orlando World Center Marriott.
“Party of One” Saturday Night Party: 6:00-7:30pm // LOCATION: Canary – Palms Ballroom
This is for our guests who came alone—but aren’t leaving alone! This is your chance to meet some BFFs before the show!
#ONESHOT Cocktail Reception: // LOCATION: Cypress 3 Ballroom
7:30 – 9:00 TOP 25 ONLY
9:00 – 11:00pm TOP 25 + TOP 100
This is our EXCLUSIVE, VIP cocktail reception for BIG SHOT and HOT SHOT TOP 25 and TOP 100 finalists. This reception will be the first time we’ll have this year’s finalists gathered in the same place (talk about squad goals), so beyond getting our drink on, we will be further discussing the details of #ONESHOT! Reminder—this is just for TOP 25 & TOP 100 finalists, no plus ones.
August 14 (Sunday):
The BTC Show Main Stage opens: 8:30am // LOCATION: Cypress 3 Ballroom
Grab a seat bright and early because three days of seriously inspiring hair education, artist interactions and sneak peeks at new products are about to begin! The show starts at 8:30am Sunday morning and goes all day, but don’t worry…there will be a break for lunch AND you’ll have plenty of time to get ready for the evening 😉
#ONESHOT Hair Awards Pre-Show Cocktail Party: 6:30pm // LOCATION: Cypress 3 Ballroom Lobby
Dress to impress and get ready to party. Cocktails start at 6:30pm! Don’t be late!
#ONESHOT Hair Awards Show: 8:00pm // LOCATION: Cypress 3 Ballroom
IT’S HERE! The #ONESHOT Hair Awards show starts at 8:00pm.
#ONESHOT AFTER PARTY: 10:30pm // LOCATION: Lobby Bars
The party doesn’t stop once the awards are handed out! Join us at the #ONESHOT Hair Awards after party to celebrate you!
August 15 (Monday):
The BTC Show Main Stage opens: 9:00am // LOCATION: Cypress 3 Ballroom
It’s day two of the most inspiring hair show on the planet. Grab some coffee and take a seat so you don’t miss any of the action!
ILLUSION: 8:00pm – 12:00am // LOCATION: Palms Ballroom – Canary & Royal
ILLUSION: It’s a party of optical illusions aka a WIG PARTY! Note: We take our themes VERY seriously, so costumes are encouraged!
August 16 (Tuesday):
The BTC Show Main Stage opens: 9:00am // LOCATION: Cypress 3 Ballroom
It’s the final day of the show, and sadly time to leave. We hope you depart feeling inspired, energized and ready to kick ass behind the chair! The show will end around 3pm ET.
Where do people go to vote for my entry? I want to share the link with everyone I know!
Share it far and wide! Here’s the info you need:
- Hot Shot voting will begin NEXT WEEK. We will send you a BREAKING NEWS email with the link to the survey.
- BTC will promote this link via a variety of channels: Instagram, Facebook, email blasts and Insta Stories because Hot Shot voting is open to the public, too!
- Be sure to send the link to your friends and family. The more votes, the better your chances! Or tell your followers to visit behindthchair.com. The voting link will be on our homepage!
- Only one vote per person is allowed.
- Big Shot voting is NOT open to the public, so if you have an entry in a Big Shot category, no worries. This section is judged by a panel of hairdressing ICONS and is a closed voting.
I have some more questions. Where do I go and who do I contact?
You have questions, we have answers! See below for a variety of ways to get in touch with us:
Overall Questions & Comments: [email protected]
Questions about #ONESHOT or who to call / text ON-SITE at THE BTC SHOW:
Cell Phone (865) 310-3715
Info on where to stay, how to book, schedules and registration times:
#ONESHOT Show tickets: https://oneshot.behindthechair.com/tickets/
General #ONESHOT info: https://oneshot.behindthechair.com/
THE BTC SHOW general info: https://behindthechair.com/theshow/information/
THE BTC SHOW hotel info: https://behindthechair.com/theshow/hotel-info/
THE BTC SHOW Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/events/459832359169772